THE SUB COMPONENT TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE FOR CONSTRUCTION OF HOUSES / LATRINES FOR SC/ST RUBBER TAPPERS IN THE UNORGANISED SECTOR RUBBER PLANTATIONS
- Nature and Commencement
It is meant as welfare measure for the rubber tappers among the SC/ST communities in the unorganized sector, with the involvement of the RPSs. It will be in operation during the current financial year.
These rules shall include all amendments, additions and / or deletions that may be made thereto by the Board from time to time.
These rules will be apply to the rubber tappers seeking assistance from the Rubber Board for construction of own house / latrine and
- Who belong to the SC/ST community and
- Whose wages do not exceed Rs. 5000/- per month and
- Who have rendered a minimum period of three years service in a small rubber holding:
- Who is employed in rubber plantations to which the provisions of the Plantation Labour Act 1951 do not apply; and
- Who is employed in a holding/holdings admeasuring to an area of not less than 0.75 ha: (Applicant who constructs latrine alone should employ in 0.50 ha) and
- Who is employed in a holding not owned by him or his close blood relatives.
Conditions to be fulfilled
- The land in which the house/latrine is proposed to be constructed should be in the ownership and possession of the applicant / spouse.
- The applicant / spouse should not own any other house/latrine.
- Application should be submitted before completion of construction of the latrine and house.
- The house/latrine should be constructed with proper foundation, basements, walls etc. Besides the walls with mud or unbaked bricks can also be considered.
- The construction of the latrine should be carried out according to the standard contained in the plan and estimate attached to this scheme.
- The applicant should not own any rubber holding of more than 0.40 ha in extent.
- The purpose of the scheme is to improve the sanitary facilities of SC/ST rubber tappers and to promote the construction of modern latrine at low cost.
- Promote improvement of living conditions of the tappers with better hygienic environment.
Amount of financial assistance
In respect of those who are constructing house and latrine together the financial assistance will be limited to 25% of the cost of the construction or Rs. 21,000/- whichever is less.
In case the applicant constructs house alone the assistance will be Rs. 15,000/- or 25% of the cost of construction of house(whichever is less) and in case the applicant constructs latrine alone, the assistance will be Rs. 6,000/- or 75% of the cost of construction of latrine(whichever is less). However the subsidy will be restricted in such a way that the total assistance from the Board and other agencies if any for the house/ latrine found to be satisfactory by the Board