The Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) is a system under which Indian Goods receive preferential tariff treatment upon import into developed markets such as Member States of European Union, USA, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Russia etc. The GSP schemes of various countries are notified by them from time to time. These are unilateral schemes and as such India need not accord the same preferential treatment to the goods of developed countries, on reciprocal basis. Moreover, India is a participant to Global System of Trade Preference (GSTP), Bangkok Agreement (BA), SAARC Preferential Trading Arrangement (SAPTA) under which India grants and receives tariff concessions on imports and exports. To avail these tariff preference, it is to be ensured that import or export qualifies for the preference in accordance with the rules of original requirement of the agreement concerned.
The Government has notified the agencies authorized to issue Certificate of Origin under GSTP. The Rubber Board is authorized as the designated agency to issue Certificate of Origin (Non-Preferential) required for the export of Natural Rubber.
Procedure for obtaining CoO:
1) The exporters of Natural Rubber who wish to obtain Certificate of Origin (Non-Preferential) are required to apply for the same in the prescribed forms. The forms are available with the Market Promotion Dept. against payment of fee of Rs. 25/- per set.
2) Fee charged for issue of Certificate of Origin (Non-Preferential) is Rs 100/- (Rupees One hundred only) per application.
3) Complete set of an application form is in quadruplicate and all the copies shall be filled neatly and returned with the prescribed fee.
4) Details regarding the exporter, consignee, means of transport and route, description of rubber and a self-declaration shall be furnished in the respective columns.
5) The exporter shall also submit an invoice and/or an indemnity bond for the correctness of the statement.
Certificate of Origin issued is non-preferential, required in general by all countries for clearance of goods by the importer, on which no preferential tariff is given.