Financial Assistance for Procurement of Computers & Accessories
These rules shall be called the Rubber Board (Revised) Sub - Rules for providing financial assistance for the procurement of computers and accessories under the Market Development Scheme to trading and processing companies jointly promoted by Rubber Board and RPSs
Adopting modern methods of accounting and reporting systems would add to the efficiency of the management of the companies. An efficient management information system is an essential factor of modern management and the role of computers and accessories in such a system is well accepted. The objective of the present scheme is to provide assistance to trading and processing companies to equip themselves to adopt effective management information systems through IT techniques.
All RPS sector Trading/Processing Companies jointly promoted by the Rubber Board and RPSs situated in states other than the North Eastern States (for which a separate major scheme exclusively for Rubber Development in the North Eastern region is implemented) are eligible for the financial assistance under the scheme. An RPS sector company is defined as “a company promoted by the Rubber Board and RPSs wherein the share capital contributions from the Rubber Board, the RPSs, and any central / state Government organizations and any grants-in-aid from the Rubber Board exceeds 50% of the paid up share capital of the Company.”
4. Components & Financial Assistance:
The following items are considered for financial assistance under this scheme during the 10th plan period.
For Corporate or Head Office
|Mid range Server|
(3 year warranty)
(3 year warranty)
|Dot Matrix Printer|
|UPS – 600 VA |
Centralised 2 KVA/UPS
|Network cabling & accessories|
|Application software including updation.|
|Computer Furniture (Rubber wood)|
For each Branch / Depot.
|Dot Matrix Printer|
|UPS-600 VA |
Centralised 1 KVA UPS
|Application software including updation |
|Computer Furniture (Rubber wood) |
The maximum number of Branches/Depots which will be considered for financial assistance under the scheme is eight. Guidelines for procurement of the items are enclosed as Annexure-1. Financial assistance under the scheme from the Rubber Board shall be limited to 75% of the approved cost or of the actual cost incurred whichever is less.5. Terms and conditions
A company which has already availed financial assistance from the Rubber Board under this scheme for purchase of computer/accessories will be eligible for further assistance only for the remaining quantity under each item as above.
- The assistance under this scheme implemented during the 10th Five Year Plan period will be provided only in cases where the procurement, satisfactory installation and submissions of claims for financial assistance at the P&PD Dept. are completed latest by 25.03.2007.
- The Board of Directors of the Company should pass a resolution agreeing to abide by these rules and authorizing the Managing Director to prefer a claim for the financial assistance on behalf of the Company.
- Application can be made in plain paper.
- Application, along with certified true copies of the resolution, cash bills and purchase details, etc. shall be forwarded to the Director (P&PD), Rubber Board, Kottayam – 686 009 latest by 25th March 2007. A check list is given in Annexure-2.
- All items may be of MNC product, purchased at competitive rates from reputed and reliable suppliers through quotations.
- The Chairman, Rubber Board, reserves the right to accept / reject the application without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- In case of non-compliance of any of these rules or in case of misutilisation of the assistance, it shall be within the right of the Chairman, Rubber Board to demand and enforce refund of the financial assistance in such manner as he deems fit.
ANNEXURE – 1.
GUIDELINES FOR PROCUREMENT OF COMPUTER &ACCESSORIES.
|Computer (Server/Node) ||ISO 9001:2000 Certified/MNC units with licensed Operating System (OS) / open source OS.|
(Windows/Linux with network support)
|Printer/Scanner/Modem/CD/DVD writer ||MNC/ISO 9001 certified.|
|UPS ||Individual UPS per node or centralised.|
(ISOP 9001:2000 Certified)
|Network ||Corporate office may network PCs through fixed CAT5E cabling / wireless network with active components.|
|new or upgradation of existing applications.|
|Warranty ||All items with 3 year onsite comprehensive warranty.|
|Procurement||Through competitive quotations.|
Check List .
- Take resolution in the meeting of the Board of Directors for submitting an application to the Rubber Board for financial assistance for computerisation of the Corporate Office/Branches of the Company.
- Invite competitive quotations from at least three reputed suppliers/ manufacturers for the required items and place order based on evaluation of the quotations.
- Submit application for financial assistance (in plain paper) along with
- Copy of the resolution of Board of Directors.
- Copies of quotations received .
(3) Comparative statement of quotations.
- Copies of invoice and payees receipt from suppliers.
- Split up details of paid-up share capital giving break up of the shares held by each category of share holders and grant –in-aid received from Rubber Board, to confirm eligibility of the Company for the financial assistance under this scheme, as per clause-‘3’.
Note:- All copies to be attested by the Managing Director of the Company.